August



I read 7 books in August this year.  Three of those were audiobooks, and 2 fulfilled PopSugar Challenge Prompts.

Where I Lost Her by T. Greenwood
This book tells an emotional tale. I found it when searching for a thriller, and felt like it was more of a mystery than a thriller. Still a good story and I am glad that I listened to it.

A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle
This book took me a little bit to get into. I kind of had to make myself read it. However around the middle of the book it pulled me in and kept me interested to the end. 

The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello
This book was intense, and messed up. I absolutely loved it. If you need a thriller that will keep you on your toes and saying WTF regularly this is the book for you.

Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

This book spins an incredible tale about a misunderstood boy and the girl who wants to understand him and help him. There's one problem though, he's her stepbrother. She isn't supposed to fall in love with him. He isn't supposed to feel the same. This is a forbidden love story as it's greatest. I absolutely loved the characters. Elec is the definition of a bad boy persona, but wait until you really get to know him. Greta wants to make her stepbrother's arrival an year of living with them as pleasant as she can, but he fights her in the beginning. The way Greta gains Elec's trust and uncovers the truth of his painful life is amazing. This romance is forbidden, there's second chances, enemies to lovers, it just has it all. 

Friction by Sandra BrownThis book was a good mystery with some romance. There's suspense, and times when you just don't want to stop reading it.

The Wild by K. Webster
This is a taboo romance. Banned from sale on Amazon. At first it was a little awkward. However, in typical K. Webster style, this book pulled me in and kept me hooked. Be warned if you chose to read this book, it has a warning in the beginning for a reason. If you think you are strong enough to make it through then know it is so worth it. There is so much I could say, and want to say about this book, but it is so much better to go into this book blind.

Either Side of Midnight by Tori de ClareThis book starts of with a bang, then slows down before picking up the pace again. Once it finally hooks you it doesn't let go. I look forward to reading the next book.




No comments:

Post a Comment