Books for the month of May

This month I completed 9 books.  Four of these were audiobooks, this is what I mean about them being an opportunity to increase your reading.  I also managed to cross off 4 more of the PopSugar Challenge prompts.

Left Drowning by Jessica Park
This is an amazing story of how two people overcome difficult pasts and find love and healing in each other, and each other's family. Survival can be so difficult, but finding the right person can help you overcome it and finally be whole again.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman
As the sequel to If I Stay, I loved hearing the aftermath of Mia's recovery and life after from Adam's perspective. such a great love story. 

The Library of Lost Souls by Reign Waters-Gray
This story had some great characters and a good plot. Although for me it was a bit short. I would loved to have had a bit more meat to the story.

The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon
This is another amazing inspirational romance from author Amy Harmon.  This one includes some heart break, a hint of paranormal, and horses.  Georgia is one of the few people who want to help Moses realize he is worth something.  Moses thinks that he isn't worth being loved.  For those who have already read Running Barefoot,  Josie and Samuel make an appearance in this book.

The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
A little confusing, but interesting tale about eight boys journey into the past of Halloween on Halloween.

The Honey Farm by Harriet Alida Lee
This book was intriguing. I loved the characters and the story. There was something not normal going on on the Honey Farm. Although I reached the end of the book and felt like the mystery still hadn't been solved.

How to Catch a Magical by Samuel Thews
Fans of Harry Potter, Supernatural, and other similar series are in for a great read with this book. Andromeda Nyx is like a cross between Harry Potter and the Winchester brothers. This book has excitement at every turn. I hope there are more books to follow.

The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis
This is a great story for kids.  It has many good lessons in it.  A good allegory for the creation story from the bible.

Zodiac by Robert Graysmith
I decided to read this book after watching a TV series about the Zodiac. I recently discovered an interest in unsolved serial murders like the Zodiac and Jack the Ripper. I don't often read nonfiction, but found this one very enjoyable. It was very informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment