New Release and Review: Vicious Desire by S Massery

 


Blurb:

*A Dark High School Bully Romance*

Riley Appleton loves to hate me.

It’s my fault the hate is there in the first place. She needed somewhere to direct her anger, and I volunteered to be the target.

Being adored is boring.
I wanted something different.

Each jab that falls from her pretty mouth is a challenge, and the more we fight, the hotter we burn.

But soon, this game of ours goes too far. She needs to be reminded who really rules this relationship.

Our feud is a joke—but in the end, I’ll be the only one laughing.

This is a dark high school bully romance with mature content and themes. It contains dubious situations that some readers may find offensive. If you're looking for a white knight hero, this book is not for you.

Books 1-3 are a trilogy and need to be read together. Vicious Desire is the first standalone in the series. 






My Thoughts and Review:

"A split second alters your life forever." Riley, Vicious Desire by S Massery.

Where do I even start with this review? This book is amazing. If you have already read the other books in S. Massery's Fallen Royals series you will have already met Eli and Riley, as well as several of the other supporting characters in this book. If you have not read the first 3 books yet.....I highly recommend you read them, although I don't feel like it is absolutely necessary to enjoy this book.

Eli and Riley have an interesting dynamic to their relationship. I wouldn't call this an enemies-to-lovers. I also wouldn't call it a friends-to-lovers. Let's call this a frenemies-to-lovers. Which just makes the tension in this book absolutely amazing. As Eli say "I like that about her. I'm angry enough to kill her one moment and protecting her the next."

I have to say, I think I am glad I went to public school. I don't know if every private school has as much drama as Emery Rose Elite, but I am glad that I didn't have to go through what these kids do.

I loved how we learn so much about how Riley and Eli's relationship developed, fell apart, came back together, and fell apart again before the current events in the story. I always have been a sucker for a second (third) chance romance.

Through the first part of this book, I felt a little lost with the reasons behind some of the characters thoughts and actions. As the story unfolds though, the pieces start falling into place. This story comes together beautifully in the end. The questions just added to the suspense of the story.

I love the twisted, wicked, vicious mind of S. Massery. I almost wish I could spend a day, hour, heck I would settle for a minute in her mind to see how it works. She has created an incredible wicked world with her Fallen Royals series. I can not wait for the next book to see where she takes us. This is one of those series that I don't think I could ever get enough books from.



Meet S. Massery:
S. Massery, AKA Sara, is a dark romance author from Massachusetts. She enjoys twisting, suspenseful tales with dark anti-heroes and sassy heroines.Her journey started when she was a little girl, dreaming of stories and frantically trying to capture her dreams on paper. She completed her first novel, Something Special, in 2018, and she has been unstoppable ever since.

S. Massery is many things, and boring is not one of them. She strives to always keep busy, whether that be fostering dogs, editing websites, writing, or reading. She and her dog, Alice, frequently travel New England in search of prose-worthy scenery and hiking spots.

S. Massery grew up in Western Massachusetts. She received her Bachelors from Emmanuel College in Boston and has finally put her writing degree to good use.

Follow S. Massery

Instagram: http://instagram.com/authorsmassery

Facebook: http://facebook.com/authorsmassery

Facebook Reader Group: http://facebook.com/groups/smasserysquad

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/authorsmassery

Newsletter: https://www.smassery.com/newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment