Review: The Wrong Game by Kandi Steiner


Gemma is a huge fan of her hometown Chicago Bears. She buys season tickets to share with her husband for their anniversary.  Then she sees him with her, and he tells her he is dying. I can't imagine that kind of betrayal.   She throws her life into her work as her best friend's personal assistant,  and intends to drag her friend to every home game to use her second ticket.

Zach lived and breathe football as a kid, was set to go to college on a full ride scholarship and most likely go pro. Then life happens. He makes the difficult decision to leave football for the most important thing in his life. Giving up his dream to be there for his family.

Sparks fly even though the OCD Gemma has promised herself she would never fall in love again. Thanks to a brilliant plan from Gemma's friend and boss, Belle, Zach ends up with the extra ticket to the first home game with Gemma.

This book was so much fun.  I have never been to a professional ball game of any kind, but when they attended the games it felt so real. I absolutely loved Zach,  and wish more men were like him.  I could relate to Gemma in most ways, I am so far from OCD though.  They had both been hurt in their pasts,  but with some not so subtle encouragement, or should we say meddling,  from Belle the two work through their issues and find something amazing.  As far as supporting characters go, you can't beat Belle, I wish I had a best friend like her.  She truly knew Gemma better than Gemma knew herself, and wasn't afraid of doing something that might make Gemma mad at her if it would get Gemma to open her eyes and acknowledge what she wanted and needed.  Everyone needs a friend like Belle.  I so hope she gets her own book eventually.

This is the second book I have read by Kandi Steiner.  I am definitely going to have to read more of her books.  This book was well written and fast paced.  It is the perfect fall romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment