My books for July

I read another 11 books this month.  Of these 11, I finished 3 audiobooks, and marked off 3 more PopSugar Challenge prompts.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell
This is an incredible tale of a woman whose marriage is falling apart.  Through the help of a magic phone Georgia realizes what's important to her before it is too late.

Weightless by Kandi Steiner
This book reminds us that things aren't always what they seem.  It reminds us that our challenges mold us into who we are.  The weight of life makes us stronger.  

Restless Waters by Jessica Park

In this book we revisit the characters Blythe and the Shepherd's from Left Drowning.  This book tells of the depth of love for a best friend.  How it can be so confusing when the best friend is not the person you are in love with.  Another touching story by Jessica Park.

The Memory Garden by Mary Rickert

This is a very good story about coming to terms with your past.  Long kept secrets are revealed.  Long lost friends reconnect.  With a touch of the paranormal this is just and overall good book.

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes

So once again, I read the book after seeing the movie.  I really need to stop doing this, the book is always better.  I love how much Lou grows and changes due to her job taking care of Will.  This is a great story about helping someone find their way out of their shell.

Sleeping in Eden by Nicole Baart

This book is told from two points of view each in a different year.  I was very confused trying to figure out how Meg's story interacted with Lucas's.  Finally reaching the end when things started coming together I was shocked.  This was an amazing book.  

The Whole Truth by AB Plum

This is a very intense book.  It is marketed as a stand alone book, although I felt a little lost having not read the other books. It is fast paced, and has good characters.

The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg

This book had so much going on.  Erica and Patrick try to solve the murder of Erica's long lost friend.  They uncover so many secrets.  Some of these secrets should never have been kept.  When I got to the end I had never suspected the actual murderer.

After You by JoJo Moyes

In this book we rejoin Lou as she tries to move on with her life.  I loved that she meets Lilly, Will's daughter he never knew, and how Lilly helps Lou learn and grow just like her father once did.  I can't wait to find out what's next for Lou in the third book.

All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

This book is full of heart breaking struggles, and incredibly touching moments of love. I feel like a have a new understanding of what some people go through in life, as well as a new appreciation of what I have. This was my first book by Colleen Hoover and I cannot wait to read more of her work. This book definitely has all the feels. 

This book was a little hard for me to listen to. Hearing the story of child molestation from the molesters point of view. He disgusted me. However, it was an interesting tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment