Can Dreams Come True by Krysten Lindsay Hager

"Sometimes I feel like everyone else got this handbook on how to fit in and I was sick that day." Cecily Taylor


If you are looking for a good clean romance, the kind where the small-town nobody girl gets the famous pop-star guy, have I got the book for you.  Can Dreams Come True? by Krysten Lindsay Hager is a beautiful story.  It would be perfect for teenage girls who want to read romances.  It is a completely clean book.  There is no foul language, no sex, honestly as I think about it, there isn't even make out scenes.  There is some kissing, but nothing heavy.  The story is super sweet.

Cecily is your every day all American girl.  She isn't super popular, but not a real outcast either.  She is true to herself, and doesn't try to fake it to make friends.  Which is probably why her friend Harlow asked her to go with her to a private audition to be in a music video.

For a famous pop-star, Andrew Holiday actually seemed really down to earth.  I loved how genuine he seemed.  He and Cecily seemed to have effortless conversations, and so much in common with one another.

I felt like this book totally got what high school felt like for me, well minus the dating a celebrity part.  How scary it can be starting to think about your future.  The drama that is dating, and teenage girls.  I felt like I could have easily been Cecily.  I truly enjoyed this book.

1 comment: